Misinformation costs lives.
- Soap and water IS better than alcoholic hand sanitiser when it comes to getting rid of your germs.
- Gargling with salt and vinegar DOES NOT stop you contracting Covid-19.
AirMyOpinion.com cares about you. Sign up to our polls & help us to provide a picture of how the nation is coping with the Coronavirus.
Busted - Staying fit in quarantine
It is easy to keep fit and stay healthy while quarantined in your own home, no matter how small or large your property is. Many elderly people, and their relatives, are concerned about the negative impact an extended period of isolation may have on their health- especially in terms of maintaining joint movement and cardiovascular activity.
The key to staying healthy is to make sure you spend at least 20 minutes every day increasing your heart rate, and of course maintaining a healthy diet.
Here are some top tips on how to exercise and eat healthily during quarantine, as well as links to official NHS and government advice.
Exercises most of us can do:
- Walking: You’d be surprised how easy it is to get your heart rate up! Simply by walking around your house at a decent pace for just a couple of minutes can get the heart pumping.
- Raising/Rotating Arms: Whilst sitting, if you raise your arms above your head or stretch them out as wide as possible, and then rotate them, you keep your joints moving and increase your heart rate.
- Leg Stretches: Whilst sitting, extend your legs as far outwards as possible and rotate your ankles. Repeat 5 times. This helps maintain blood circulation.
- Push ups (if able)
- Sit ups (if able)
Help researchers help you!
- Share your opinion as your voice matters
- Help us understand everyone’s experience
- No bias, just science
- Help us improve future responses